I have been reading a few things about developing as a man and am going to pen some different New Year's Resolutions this year. In the past I've divided goals into Spiritual, Physical, Social, Intellectual items but that isn't where I want to head this year. I want to be a better person and so here are my ten New Year's Resolutions:
1. Listen to the promptings of the spirit - when I get those flashes I need to act. The missionaries failed to meet some non-members we had over for dinner tonight because they didn't listen to a prompting and I don't want to miss opportunities.
2. Forgive others - even the most difficult ones to forgive. I don't need to extra weight of carrying grudges.
3. Honest in all my doings - especially with clients. I may not be the smartest but I can be honest and trustworthy.
4. Less personally competitive - I want to feel more joy at the good news of others, less emphasis on money, and more value placed on giving.
5. I want to be more thankful and grateful - this leads to greater happiness and is as easy as changing ones mind and prospective.
6. Let virtue garnish my thoughts - think and see the good in others.
7. Patience - that even means in traffic situations and when I'm running late.
8. Kindness - to speak and act with others in mind. Don't pick on the weak and look for opportunities to serve.
9. Speak out for the Savior - use opportunities to talk about my beliefs and my love of the Savior.
10. Love others - what would make Tracy happy, how can I help the family, doing a good job at my church calling, and if there is a way I can help someone I need to step up and do something.
I would encourage you all to help me with these personal goals - I want to be a better disciple of Christ.