Sunday, August 3, 2008

August's Magical Mystery Tour Chapter 1

We have started our August 2008 “Magical Mystery Tour”. Which means every weekend we will be travelling and visiting the most important people in our lives. We inaugurated our tour with a childless day at Water World with Dave and Danica. We got there at the opening and were able to go on a few rides before the crowds became oppressive. The weather was perfect, it was the 19th day in a row where the temperature was over 90 which has set a new record. It was so fun to be there with D & D I wasn’t even insulted when the lifeguard lady asked me if I could swim. With mom’s help the hills didn’t even seem as steep as they had in the past. The laugh of the day came when all 4 of us squeezed into a tube build for 3 adults. Some were bruised from the banging knees, hips, and elbows and it was a huge effort to climb out of the tube at the bottom without looking like total buffoons. The helper guy suggested that we should use two tubes next time.

Here is evidence that strange creatures inhabit the shores at Water World.

4 comments:

Mikidees said...

It was really fun. We should leave the kids with babysitters more often:)

Celeste said...

Oh dad, that looks like so much fun- I'm so jealous. I can't beleive that lady asked if you could swim!!!! Doesn't she know she was talking to the expert scubadiving swimming grandpa, with 6 kids and 5 grandchildren!! Who can beat that!

Tracy Hogan said...

Mark, I love the px. I loved the day. I love you! We are so blessed!

b-ryce said...

wait, can you swim dad?